Just ask my Nanna and she will tell you, I'm a girl who loves shopping as much as the next girl, which is why I love venturing out to the markets on a Sunday. I love being able to find a bargain!
I like to go on my own or with Harry as I can go down there, get all the fresh fruit and vegetables that I need and be back before the kids wake up, leaving DH to have a sleep in and me some "time out" from the kids.... not today though!
We decided we would ALL go...so as soon as the kids woke up, we changed them and headed down to the markets. The kids were so excited cause we promised them pancakes and milk for breakfast if they would be good! So we left home at 7am to get down there bright and early.
I got all the fruit and veges for 6 of us, for under $30! I mean bananas down there are only $1.50 per kg! No way will I pay $7 at woolworths again!
My sister Bec and her son met us down there and we had a look around until it started raining so we headed to the shopping centre to get the rest of our groceries.
My bargain of the week? 3 pairs of ballet flats for $5 each, down from $15 each. I love now as the hot weather is starting to cool down that I can wear enclosed shoes again, you really dont wanna see my feet, I dont have time to paint them so they arnt nice and pretty!
We finally got home at 3:30pm... yep it took us 8 AND A HALF HOURS to go to the markets and then grocery shopping!! By that time, the kids had hardly had a sleep, they were tired and we didnt even think we could drive to Church
:(
:(
AND that is why I dont like taking all the kids, I'm pretty sure DH will be happy to stay at home with them next Sunday! At least then I'll be down and back before church!
Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment