Tuesday, April 26, 2011

:: The Job That Was...n't meant to be! ::

So remember how last week I mentioned how I was having a job interview at my son's school, it was a Mon-Fri job with holidays off.

Well I didnt get the job :( When I first got off the phone after hearing that I was unsucessful and that they had decided to go with someone else, my first emotion was upset... I had gotten it in my head that I was going to get the job, that I would be perfect for the position considering all the things I'm already doing at the school, like this was the next step in my working career. All the way to the interview I was praying that this was the job for me and that God would help me on this path to this job. I felt that he was there with me while I was in the interview as I wasnt nervous like I was sure I would be, and the interview went for nearly 20mins, and they seemed to really like what I had to say. At one stage the business manager of the school even mentioned that maybe I had a Teachers Aide career in my path as I obviously loved being in the classroom and with the kids. I admitted that my MIL had mentioned the same thing to me when she saw me with the kids at the School's Cross-Country.

So when I got the message they hadnt chosen me I was upset and dissapointed in myself, for thinking that I would even be good enough to be going back to work. Obviously thats silly stupid and looking back at it now, I dont know why I would think that I'm not smart enough to go back to work. I think its more my confidence took a hit, and I felt silly stupid that I put myself out there to the work field again only to be knocked back! The love and advice of my friends on FB, made me realise that, I already have achieved so much and obviously this wasnt the job for me.
If I look at everything I've already achieved in my life, I have to be pretty clever! I have 5 beautiful children, a husband who loves me and we run a successful business together, that all equals smart if you ask me!

Then today I was reading Kochie's blog post on Counting The Cost of Two Working Parents and after reading it, I've come to realise that God/the school didnt give me that job for two reasons.

1. I already have a full time job -- raising 5 beautiful god-loving children and also the head of domestic engineering at home. Keeping this house clean and tidy to my standards is a FULL-TIME job!

2. Obviously there is something better in my career path which will be shown to me when I'm actually ready to return to work. In the meantime, I can take this time to focus on getting myself back to my pre-baby weight, work on my business degree and homeschooling the younger three until they start school.

I just pray that when the time is right for me to return to work, I'll see the signs and put myself out there again!

Let me leave you today, with a quote that I found online, before I go and finish all the unpacking from our trip out to Mum's!



And as the amazing Marilyn Monroe aka the blonde haired bombshell (not me!)once said:


I'll be back later, once the ferals kids are in bed to share with you a blogging award I got last week but am only getting around to blogging about now!

4 comments:

  1. oh girl, yes i understand how you must have felt at the time and those terrible emotions you would have had to deal with and on your own. you were definitely good enough for the job...however it's not the time for you just yet...not now with raising a beautiful family of 5 adorable children and being everything else that not only comes with being a mother, but being a parent and a wife. truly God only gives us all we can handle and when the time is right (in his time) the perfect job will be there and within reach. what's around the corner for you will be amazing and until that time...your life on this earth is full to overflowing with all you can give in such an incredible way. don't ever think you're not good enough...perhaps this time round God knew this job was not good enough for you. you have the best and most rewarding job in the world kirsty and your children and your husband already know it oh and raising a family and a successful business...now that's not only smart...that is a true blessing and the most incredible achievement already!!! hugs ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first few job interviews after not working for a while are horrible. But it doesn't mean that you are not meant to work, I think it's important to have something that is just for 'you'! After a few years, I finally found the perfect work/life balance for us, and I am far happier having that little bit of 'something for me', away from the house/child/husband - as much as I love and adore them! Hang in there...the perfect job will pop up when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been rejected so many times, 300 times wouldn't be an understatement in eight years. It can get to you. I was devastated for the first year here in Oz but after that I just went with the flow. I know my capabilities, it's just hard to prove it in a foreign land. I'm okay now. When I get turned down, I know I wasn't suited for the role and just take it as a sign from the heavens :) And it helps to know I've been published several times in the New York Times, I remind myself that everytime I get rejected (which I still do a lot these days).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't despair, I agree with Marilyn - everything happens for reason and you obviously weren't meant to get this job for one reason or another. Raising 5 kids is more than a full time job and it's 24/7. The fact that you're even out looking for a job with 5 kids is just unreal. Good luck and what you want is just around the corner. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete