Being a mother of 5 children, I have heard all the comments one could hear when you mention that your a mum of 5 children! They have even more shocked expressions when you say the eldest is 5!
Now imagine being that mother who organizes a play date for her eldest son to have friends over from the school on the same day the family is planning to leave on a 3 hour trip to Nanna's house! You could imagine the chaos!!
When I planned the play date I was not thinking that is was going to be pouring down rain for the whole time they were here! Out the window went my plans to get out the jumping castle for them to all play outside....no, it had to rain so imagine my nice, clean house over-run with 12 children! Yep thats how many kids were there this morning! It was loud, it was fun, yes one or two of them cried after being hit by their big brothers, but the best bit was sitting with the other mums and just chatting!! Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!!
Have I just spent the past hour and a half cleaning up the mess... Yes, but to see how excited Dominic was to see all his friends arrive, made it all worth it!
Since everyone has left, i've been cleaning house again, getting clothes dry in the dryer and packing! Imagine packing to go away on holidays and then times that by 7!! Thats how much shit stuff we have to take away with us on holidays!
We are going away for a week to my Mum's house and have to take the following things :-
-- 5 suitcases (my eldest 4 insist on taking their own that Nanna got them for their birthdays, DH, Harry and I are sharing!)
-- 3 backpacks
-- 6 toothbrushes & toothpaste
-- 6 pillows
-- 5 doonas
-- 3 bikes
-- 4 scooters
-- 4 helmets
-- 2 blankets (the twins have their special blankets that go EVERYWHERE with them!)
-- 1 laptop
-- 1 wireless modem
-- 1 container of toys
-- 1 container of craft supplies
-- 1 DVD travel case with their DVD's
-- 1 Wii remote
-- 1 highchair
-- 1 portacot
-- 4 drink bottles
-- 1 nappy bag
-- 1 handbag (Makayla's!)
-- 1 cat and 1 tiger (Dominic's)
-- 4 Easter Eggs
-- 2 Spud Guns and half a dozen spuds!
-- and a 100 (or so) of colorful plastic eggs for the Easter Egg hunt!
ooh and If I'm lucky I might remember to pack a book!
All I can say is...Thank God for trailers!!
Ooh and better not forget the Rum...I'm going to need one by the time we get out to Nanna's! Make sure the Coke is cold Mum!!
all i can say is omg! lol i thought 3 under 4 was bad but i cant imagine 5 under 5 AND 12 kids running around. I hope you got your cold rum and coke :)
ReplyDeletei know ive already commented on this post but...
ReplyDeleteJust letting you know that I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award.
You can read more about it here: http://tinyurl.com/3qwsg45
I'm also passing the rules for accepting this award:
* Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
* Tell us seven things about yourself.
* Pass along the award to fifteen newly discovered bloggers.
* Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.
OMG!! That list is enourmous!
ReplyDelete