Sunday, April 17, 2011

:: Blogging, Facebook and Twitter! Oh My! ::

When I first started blogging, the most people that read it was other scrappers and my mum and sister, but I've noticed since coming back to blogging that there is a totally different audience of people that we are targeting our blog towards. What a difference a couple of years make! 

I've noticed that Mummy Bloggers are the way of the PR future! Since signing up to PR Friendly Australian Blog Directory, i've already been contacted 6 times, twice over this past weekend! I'm really excited to be joining associations with both of these two companies that contacted me, but its also made me question if thats a main driving force for blogging for some of us. I personally love reviewing products and just writing about things that happen in my day to day life. Who doesn't love to get something for free in return for giving an honest opinion on the product. Obviously you want to be reviewing something that you are confident you will love and want to rave about to your readers, so I'm nervous and becoming more aware of who I will agree to review in the future!

Who do you enjoy doing reviews for? What's been the favourite thing you have had the opportunity to review/work with? 

Which brings me to my next thing! Having a Facebook page?! I've noticed that a lot of bloggers also have a Facebook Fan Page, a way to have people that enjoy your blog and be able to keep up with you without having to have them on your personal facebook page. I'm considering starting one, but wonder would anyone come and like me?! I've only been blogging again for a month and really am I that interesting that people will want to "like" me on Facebook too! 

For those that have a FB fan page, what are some of the pros/cons of having it?

And then my last thing...Twitter! I have had an account for probably 18 months now, and I hardly every use it! I just dont get it, I logged in probably a month ago and got frustrated with it so quickly I closed it up again! 

For all you twitters out there, what do you find is the best thing about Twitter?? 

All these questions and ideas are floating around in my head tonight, but I really need to get to bed... I have my job interview tomorrow and I still haven't worked out what I'm going to wear! Its been 6 years since I've had to go for a job interview and I'm nervous and excited at the same time! 
Wish me luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment