Tuesday, April 5, 2011

:: Intruder Alert::

It seems this week we have had a intruder come into our home, unannounced and pounced on us without warning... yep the dreaded cold has entered our home and we have 5 sick kids to prove it! 

                                                       Image from here

It started slowly like all colds do, Dominic came home with a slight cough, which over a day or two turned into a cough with throwing up, to a cough with throwing up and waking up at 3 am to climb into our bed, to a cough that has spread to all the other kids, including Harry! 

The kids all went down to Aunty Becca's aka Our Nanny, today for some quiet time, with pillows and doonas and a day of chilling out with ABC2, definatly a parent's best friend on sick days! 

So while they were there chilling, I was back at home with a sick and tired Harry, and trying to get housework done and also business paperwork, all while feeling that I'm sure that dreaded intruder is about to come and bite me in the butt! Yep, I'm sure I'm coming down with it, so figured that while I was still able to get out of bed, I'd get the house cleaned up and ready for my grandfather who is coming to stay tomorrow night, and also the dinner we are having with Stu's parents, sisters and Grandma who has flown up from Tasmania to stay before they all fly over to Fiji for Stu's eldest sister wedding in a few weeks. 

I managed to get everything done beside the floors, and I think its the main thing that make our house look untidy! I mean they are white, and are through all the main living areas, and with 4 messy eating children and 1 who is crawling around everywhere, they have to be done every night otherwise they look like a herd of elephants have been tramping through the house! Its great as exercise if I didn't get to through the day, but really having to mop the floors every night around 9pm is so not how I feel like spending my evenings!! 

Now before I go and climb into bed and pray for a good nights sleep, I'll leave you with a little parting photo of my dear little one today, who even with a cold still manages a smile for Mummy! 


This was taken in the space of 5 minutes! Thats how my kids roll, from awake to asleep in 0-5 minutes flat!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment