Saturdays are always eventful in our house, normally I venture out and do my grocery shopping, but as soon as the kids realise I'm heading out with Harry to go to the shops, there's a chorus of "I'm coming" and "Me too". I've had the kids come out still in their pj's trying to hop in the car!! Mummy says "No", Daddy grabs them, tears ensure and I'm left feeling horrible for leaving them crying at the front door!
I always plan to only take Harry and one other child, cause then I can put Haz in the trolley and get the shopping done pretty quickly, normally I'm back from shopping within 2 hours of leaving, although lately I have been taking 3-4 of them! Last week, I went with the girls, Nicholas and Harry... 4 kids, 1 trolley and a crazy Mummy! <--- Thats me!
It started out ok... I had one of the double trolleys, with Harry and Makayla in the baby seats, with Nicholas in the trolley and Makayla walking.... Now imagine this, we are walking down the aisles and Nicholas tries to climb out mid-push, we run into Makayla, she starts crying and Harry decides he doesnt want to sleep anymore! Three crying kids in the middle of Coles!
Now I could have high tailed it outta there with the kids in toe, or I could do what any mother would do in that situation... bribe them! And thats exactly what I did! I bribed them with chocolate milk, I hunted around in my bag (suitcase as my DH calls it!) and found a rusk for Harry and power walked with the kids and finished off my shopping!
I get home and once again say how I'm never going to take them again!!
Which is why, when I'm sitting here on Saturday morning, comtemplating to go out and do grocery shopping, I think of last week... and decide to have another coffee instead and maybe try shopping after the markets tomorrow!
So instead of shopping, we stayed around home, I cleaned and the kids messed it up after me! Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment