Tuesday, April 12, 2011

:: Feeling Free!::

Well not technically free, DH and I are still happily married, but today I'm certainly feeling free, like the song!

No, i'm not on some crazy pill or lost the plot but I have had some good things happen in the past day or so.

Let me start from yesterday afternoon, only a few people have our home phone so when it rang yesterday, DH goes it must be either your sister or your mum ringing, but you know that funning feeling in the pit of your stomach that it just wasnt one of them, yet I had that feeling!

Anyway, turns out it was the school calling that I applied for last week, asking me to come in for an interview! I was secretly thrilled and tried not to jump up and down while the lady was still on the phone, cause its just an interview, but seriously this is such a mini milestone for me! This is the first time in nearly 6 years that I have applied for a job, and the prospect of going back to work thrills me but scares me just a little! But hey, I hide my feelings pretty well, I'm going to rock this interview (I hope!)

Then today I went out with Stuart while he was working, and we were talking about the interview and how I really need to get a haircut before the job interview, as my hair looks like horse hair! I seriously dont remember the last time I had it cut, and I'm pretty sure it was when Mum paid for it (love ya Mum!) not long after I had Annabelle... so going in 2.5 years! It was looking bad! 

Now my husband and I have this little thing going, that everytime I'm pregnant I go dark, so that I dont have to do much with it, and when we had finished having children, I would go back blonde so that time has come, and I've had one head of foils done and it was starting to look blonde, but he's been hoping it would get lighter again still. 

So when he said I should get it done before Monday I decided to jump on GrabOne  to see if there were any promotions running for hairdressers, and God was looking out for me today, there was one with Angelic Beauty at Buddina. I havent heard of them before but decided to take the risk and call them to see if they could fit me sometime this week... and luckily she was able to get me in today at 12! So DH said to get it done, so off I went for a cut, colour, massage and blowdry! And might I add it only cost me $49, normally $180! I love GrabOne!! I have to say that the ladies in there are amazing!! I'll definatly be going back there again!

Three hours later and I emerged, free! I ended up needing 5 inches (OH!) cut off to make it look healthy again and I'm so happy with it! Sitting there in the chair, another client was saying she loved my hair and how beautiful and healthy it looked! I've never had a compliment like that before and made me feel pretty happy with myself! Bring on Monday now!!!

And of course, I couldnt blog this without at least sharing a photo! So, here's the new (lighter ME!)



On this lovely Tuesday, what makes you feel happy and stress free?

Also be sure to check back again often! I have a couple of giveaways in the pipeline that I cant wait to share with my blog readers!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog Kirsty, as always. Good luck with the interview. I am sure that you will dazzle them! I have not heard of GrabOne more a Cudo girl, but I will check them out! Thanks Rhonda

    ReplyDelete