Friday, April 15, 2011

:: Weekly Wrap-up ::

Another week is gone and I'm sitting here on a Friday night waiting for Queensland Transport to get their website up and running again so I can pay the car rego thats due...today! Who has a better way to spend a Friday night! Not Me! 

Want to know a funny story though...DH went INTO the Queensland Transport office today to register the trailer..and didnt even think about rego! To give him credit, I didnt think of it either! But I do have an excuse reason! 



I was going to title this post "Friday Night Brain Dump" but it just doesn't seem to roll off the tongue very well! 
I also wanted to quickly mention that when I came on tonight to blog, I saw that I now have 20 (make that 21, another just joined as I'm typing this up!)  followers on my little blog here! I'm was pretty excited to see that 21 people think my blog is cool enough to come and follow! So thanks ladies!! I look forward to getting to know you as we go through this journey of blogging! I must say that in the couple of weeks that I'm back blogging, I realise why I was so addicted and enjoyed it years ago! I'll be coming to follow your blogs if I'm not already! 

I also wanted to mention for those bloggers like me who are just starting out for the first time, or again after a break from blogging, some great places I have come to appreciate in the past few weeks! The first one is Aussie Mummy Bloggers, they are a wonderful group of ladies who like me are Mummy Bloggers, and enjoy networking and just sharing life with! I'm excited as there is a Sunshine Coast group on there and I've been able to see/read/follow their blogs, and there is talk of a catch up after Easter! I really love that its another way for me to meet other Mums in a social setting! 

The second one is for us bloggers who are thinking of doing some PR work on our blog, PR Friendly Aussie Blogs which is run by an amazing lady Tina Gray. I'm the first person, who when I find a product/service I just love, I love to share it with the people around me and when I came across this blog I wasnt sure if I wanted to do this, but I thought what the heck, all I have to do is put my name and blog down and if I'm blessed enough to be chosen/emailed to ask to review something then I would be happy! How doesnt love to get things for Free! And in the 3 weeks that i've been listed on the blog, I've been contacted 4 times, from 4 different people/companies!
One was a lovely lady Kat, emailing me about Deals For Mums which I blogged about last week If you missed it, be sure to have a look and enter, you could win a ipad2! But really if you dont feel like entering, please dont, as it just gives me more chances to win!! 
The other 3 companies that I have been contacted by are to host giveaways here on my blog, so after Easter be sure to pop back to see the amazing giveaways I have coming up! 


In family news, we have been enjoying our first week of School Holidays and I must say, I'm loving not having to get up and make lunches, iron uniforms and get Dominic out of the house by 8:15am to get to school! 

We did however today organize a play afternoon with some friends of his from school. It was so nice to be able to sit down and have a coffee (actually we had tea!) with the Mums, cause normally all we say at school is "Hi" and "Bye" Half of us didn't even know each other names, we are just known as "Dominic's Mum" or such and such's Mum! (for privacy reasons, I'm not going to mention their names :) ) 
They kids had a ball running around inside and outside the house, that after they all left, my eldest 4, brought out their pillows and blankets, plopped themselves in front of the TV and watched the brand new movie Minnies Masquerade that I won from Sarah at Fig Nut Mum (thanks again!!) and after dinner of Lasagna, got the kids into the pj's and by the time Stuart got home from his dusk shoot, Annabelle was already asleep on the floor with the other 3 not far behind her! 

You know when your going about your day and you think of something and your like "Ooh I should blog about that", I've had those moments all week and you think that now, as I'm sitting here I can think of them, nope! Mind is blank!

I just want to share one little thing with you and thats a layout that I scrapped this week! I haven't had a chance to just sit down, relax and scrap for months now but I did this week. Scrapping is important to me, its a way for me to be able to record my families memories, I enjoy the unleashing the creative side of me and I'm so lucky to me on some amazing teams. 

This week's layout is using Gina Miller's awesome new Piccadilly Set -- papers, elements, stickers 


There are couple of blog ideas that are going around that I'm going to look at participating in over the next couple of weeks. 

-- BlogLove is one of them 
-- DayZero -- create a list of 100 things you want to do in the next 1001 days! Definatly need to put my thinking cap on for that one! 
-- Happiness Project -- signed up and making my list daily! I haven't actually blogged about any of them yet, but they are on my list! 

I think thats it! Its after 11pm, Queensland Transport is finally back up, I've paid the rego so I can drive the car tomorrow without having to worry about a policeman pulling me over and giving me a ticket! 

So what are your plans for this weekend? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up, that Tina is amazing isn't she?

    ReplyDelete