Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

So after a 4 year break from blogging, I've decided to start back up again! Please mind the dust, the blog is still a work in progress! With 5 young children its nice to be able to come online at the end of the night when they are finally all in bed and just dump all the stuff thats going on through my head somewhere! I've tried it with hubby but normally he's ready for bed and is sound asleep within seconds of his head hitting the pillow! Welcome to my blog!   

Let me start by introducing myself to the people who dont know me who happen to stumble across my blog! My name is Kirsty, I'm getting closer to 30 every day (currently a young 28!) married to my soul mate and other half Stuart, and together we have 5 gorgeous, darling (sometime terrors!) children. I love reading books when I have time, photography (although lately all my photos are taken from my iphone and not my D300!) and scrapping (again although lately I havent had a spare second to be able to but I miss it like crazy, its my stress relief!), I'm learning to grow stronger in my relationship with God and letting go of control and knowing he is there looking out for us and my little family.

Dominic is our eldest at 5 and started Prep this year at the local Christian school. He loves being the big brother and helping Mummy and Daddy around the house! He's my gorgeous blue eyed boy who has such a wonderful heart!


For nearly two years we were a little family of three and living in Victoria, it was while we were down there we decided that we wanted Dominic to have a sibling and within a few short months we found out we were expecting, not one but two siblings for Dominic! So we moved back from Victoria, moved in with my mum and her partner Wayne and we got ready to being a family of 5. Our twins were born early at 24wks and after a short stay in hospital over Christmas 2007 they started reaching their milestones and growing into beautiful little kids!

Our twins Nicholas and Makayla are now bright and bubbly three year olds!
Nicholas is our little cheeky monkey, he has such a twinkle in his eye! He loves playing outside and his Pooh Bear blanket is never too far away from him!
Makayla is our resident princess! She loves everything Pink, anything that goes in her hair, jewelry and handbags!

The twins has just turned three months old when I found out we were expecting again! I was going to be a mum of 4 and I was only 26! We had just purchased our photography business so we were flat out, looking after our little family, running our business and moving out and into our own little house.
In December 2008, only 4 days after Christmas, our gorgeous little brown eyed girl Annabelle came into the world!

Annabelle is now our bright eyed tomgirl, who loves getting down and dirty with her brothers and cousins! 


After Annabelle we were sure our family was complete, we bought our first home together, we were growing our business and then a week before Christmas (what is it with us and christmas babies!) I was feeling off, and after joking around with Stuart he said could I be pregnant? I was like No!, but I still had one pregnancy test left from Annabelle, so I throught "What the heck" so I took the test....and three minutes later, I found out that our family would have another family member in 9 months!

And now 16 months later, Harry is 7 months old and my brown eyed little man! He's such a combination of his brothers, the calming nature of Dominic and the cheeky side of Nicholas.


I guess none of these gorgeous babies wouldnt be here if it wasnt for my darling husband and I, so here we are, smiling away for the camera! Again using my iphone! I'm sure my D300 is thinking of leaving me, cause I dont use her enough!


Well welcome to our family, and my blog. These are the people I'll be blogging about and sharing our funny little stories about our life!

Be sure to drop by and say Hi! Let me know your blogs, so I can drop in and say Hi as well!

Now I've introduced you to my family, I'm tempted to tell you about my day today, but it was pretty boring!! I did have a quiet day with just Harry while Dominic was at school, as Nicholas, Makayla and Annabelle had a day at Aunty Becca's which then turned into a sleepover, so a quiet day turned into a quiet night!
Tomorrow I'm off to spend the day in Dominic's classroom with him and his classmates, so I'm really looking forward to see how he enjoys it! 

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a story! Five under five. Eek! You seem so relaxed in this post, so I guess you are the right Mum for the job. Enjoy your blogging - it will surely offer you the opportunity to remember these early years through the haze of sleep deprivation! x

    ReplyDelete